No matter what industry you work in, every workplace has a risk of a fire taking place. It is the responsibility of an employer to assess the fire risk within the workplace and implement suitable control measures. These measures must not only prevent a fire but also reduce the damage caused if a fire were to occur.
What is a Fire Risk Assessment?
A fire risk assessment is a legal requirement that assesses potential fire hazards within a workplace. This includes measures to reduce or eliminate the risk of fire and identify persons at risk. This has been an expectation of the responsible person since 1st October 2006 when The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 was put in place. Where there are 5 or more employees, a record must be kept of any exceptional findings.
What is objective of a Fire Risk Assessment?
- Identify fire hazards and any people that are potentially at risk should a fire occur. It is the job of the assessment to reduce those risks.
- Determine the safety measures that are needed.
- Determine management policies that are necessary to ensure the safety of all people in the building.
The findings from a fire risk assessment should lead to procedures and precautions being put into place to reduce any risks that are discovered during the assessment. This includes creating an evacuation plan, ensuring the necessary fire safety equipment is in place and training a fire marshal.
Does your business need to urgently carry out a Fire Risk Assessment?
Your business needs to be compliant with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order, so outsourcing this to Guardian Support will save you time and worry. By handing the responsibility of a fire safety check to us, you can trust our health and safety experts who will identify the risks of a fire at work and consider the complete safety of your employees.
By using Guardian Support, one of our consultants will visit your premises and carry out a thorough fire risk assessment and create a report of all findings that is bespoke to your business. This is completed within a matter of days of the assessment, which is an efficiency we pride ourselves on.
Our Fire Risk Assessment Service includes:
- An onsite visit from your dedicated consultants/risk assessors
- Completed fire risk assessment
- Fire risk assessment documentation provided to you both in hard copy and electronically
- Reviewed annually if you remain a client
- Regular updates on health and safety changes via our electronic newsletter
Contact us or call us today on 0845 2626 260 and our expert consultants will thoroughly assess your fire hazards and the safety measures you need to put in place.
Call us on 0845 262 6260 today and our consultants will thoroughly assess your fire hazards and the control measures you need to put in place.