COSHH, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health, risk assessments are complex to perform and require a certain knowledge and expertise which you can guarantee with our Health and Safety consultants.
We conduct COSHH risk assessments with great care to create a technically sound document for you to reference, and we are happy to talk you through it to better your understanding too!
Our Health & Safety consultants will also regularly review and update you COSHH risk assessment accordingly to make sure that you are always safe and compliant even as legislation changes.
What is a COSHH Risk Assessment and why do I need one?
COSHH, or Control of Substances Hazardous to Health, is a regulation in place to control employees’ exposure to dangerous substances.
COSHH risk assessments are in-depth, intricate and complicated documents that identify the hazards and risks related to dangerous substances in the workplace.
This ensures that you can put appropriate control measures in place to protect the health and well-being of your employees and remain compliant with the law.
Over the years, we have found that many employers wrongly confuse the chemical material safety data sheet as their COSHH risk assessment, but the reality is that they are not the same thing.
If your employees are working with hazardous substances, then you need to ensure that the correct control measures are in place to reduce the risk of serious injury.
This may include the need for PPE to be worn around the workplace or for affected employees to undergo COSHH training.
Need a little assistance with your COSHH assessment?
This service includes:
- An onsite visit from your dedicated health and safety consultant
- Completed COSHH risk assessment, identifying types of chemicals, routes of entry into the body and control measures necessary to mitigate any harm caused using these chemicals
- The COSHH assessment documentation provided to you both in hard copy and electronically
- Reviewed annually if you remain a client
- Regular updates on health and safety changes via our electronic newsletter
If there are hazardous substances that need assessing in your workplace, call us today on 0845 2626 260.