Health and Safety Consultant Role
Hours: 40 hours a week, core hours are Monday to Friday, 08:45 – 17:15
Salary: Competitive Salary dependent upon qualifications and experience
Holidays: 33 days per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays), which includes a compulsory day off for your birthday
Job Type: Full-time.
Reporting to the Group Operations Director, the role of the Health & Safety Consultant will be to look after a dedicated, diverse, national client base to provide health & safety support and assistance in a practical and pragmatic way, ensuring that employees and businesses alike are protected.
You will offer practical advice via phone and email, as well as attending client sites to carry out assessments, audits and inspections, whilst offering training and policy development in line with agreed service provisions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To offer first-class advice and support on all elements of health & safety
- To assist with the compilation and maintenance of H&S and Environmental Management Systems.
- To conduct thorough and precise on-site risk assessments, audits, general inspections, and GAP analysis
- Production of reports with clear action plans and policies within specified service level deadlines
- Identify opportunities to enhance and enrich customer experience and service delivery
- You may also participate in delivering non-accredited training courses
Key skills, experience and qualifications
- Minimum of NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent and construction related qualification and experience.
- Tech IOSH, Food Safety Auditing or Environmental qualifications would be an advantage
- In-depth generalist knowledge of all aspects of health & safety
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong administration skills
- Ability to build rapport and engage with clients
- You will have the ability to demonstrate a pragmatic, best practice solution-based approach
Guardian Support are a fun, forward-thinking, progressive, and growing business in the heart of Birmingham and we have regular team activities and incentives.
This role will be home-based; however, you will also be required to work throughout the UK, therefore it is a requirement of the role to hold a full, valid, UK driving licence and your own vehicle.