As businesses and workplaces gradually reopen following the nationwide lockdown introduced in March, there are extensive measures that need to be put in place to protect workers and help reduce the spread of coronavirus.
Some examples of new processes that should be considered across all workplaces include:
- Social distancing so workers and visitors always remain at least 2m apart, where this cannot be achieved it must be 1m plus
- One-way systems, such as one exit and one entrance, to avoid people crossing paths
- Restrictions on the number of people allowed in small spaces, such as meeting rooms and lifts
- Regular cleaning of touch points, such as door handles and buttons
- Staggered start and finish times, and breaks, to prevent high traffic in communal areas
It’s important to get it right, but it isn’t easy as these rules are new to us all and a major adjustment to what we consider the ‘norm’.
Therefore, it can be helpful to outsource support from a health and safety expert who has experience and knowledge in making workplaces covid-secure.
Guardian Support are here to help you safely reopen your workplace
Our Health and Safety Consultants are on hand to help get your workplace covid-secure and reopened safely with our bespoke Covid-19 Risk Assessment Service.
With our professional support, we can ensure that you are fully prepared to welcome your workers back on site without putting their health at risk or facing a penalty from the HSE.
We are experienced in working with businesses from a range of industries, including manufacturing, construction, hospitality, professional and retail, and with businesses of all sizes, adapting our risk assessment to best suit the needs of your company.
Our Onsite Covid-19 Risk Assessment Service includes:
- A visit to your premises by a dedicated health and safety consultant who will conduct the risk assessment
- A detailed report of their findings which highlights the areas of your business that need addressing
- Advice and suggestions on how to make the workplace more covid-secure
Call us today on 0845 2626 260 for further information on this service.