Every organisation that handles or prepares food must have a Food Safety Management System in place to ensure consistent and compliant procedures across the business.
Under Article 5 of Regulation (EC) 852/2004, businesses that handle, prepare or deal with food in any way must put in place, implement and maintain a food safety management system based on Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) principles to ensure food is safe for consumption.
What is HACCP?
HACCP is a food management system which can be adapted to suit all types and sizes of businesses.
It focuses on preventing food safety problems before they occur and it’s understood to be one of the most effective ways of controlling food-borne diseases.
It has seven principles, or steps, that you should follow:
- conduct a hazard analysis
- determine the critical control points (CCP)
- establish critical limits
- establish monitoring procedure to control the CCP’s
- establish corrective action when monitoring indicates the CCP is not controlled
- put in place procedures for verification/confirm that the HACCP is working effectively
- retain documentation for all procedures and records
Our Food Safety Management System Service
Our Food Safety Consultants can design a bespoke HACCP system and due diligence log books specifically for your business.
These will not only be practicable but easy to understand and implement.
We can even walk you through the Food Safety Management System to ensure that you have a thorough understanding of how it works and should be applied to your business.
If you would like one of our Food Safety Consultants to design a bespoke Food Safety Management System for your workplace, then call us today on 0845 2626 260