- Location: Birmingham (B16)
- Salary: Upto £30,000 per annuam
- Position: Permanent
Guardian Support have an exciting opportunity for a Legal Graduate with a keen interest in employment law and an eagerness to learn, to join a growing consultancy business.
Who are we?
Guardian Support have fast become one of the leading HR, Employment Law and Health & Safety Consulting Firms in the West Midlands and due accelerated growth over the past year, we are looking to take on a Trainee Employment Tribunal Specialist.
As Trainee Employment Tribunal Specialist, you will put tribunal theory into practice whilst working alongside our company owner and experienced HR and Employment Law Consultants to develop you to be competent to advocate at final hearing. You will also take a lead on internal HR compliance, ensuring that we are ahead of the game when it comes to legislation and best-practice.
Key responsibilities will include:
Work with the client on Tribunal Claims to include:
- Work with clients on Tribunal Claims to include: negotiating with ACAS, drafting ET3 responses, disclosure, bundle preparation, drafting witness statements and any COT3/Settlement Agreements;
- Day to Day Case Management, updating clients and ensuring they are given all commercial options available;
- Once trained, you will have the opportunity to advocate at final tribunal hearings;
- Ensure all HR documentation used by our team of HR consultants is up to date and legislatively compliant and within best practice guidance;
- Assist with internal and external training on all aspects of HR and tribunals;
- Provide 3rd party onsite support if necessary, on Disciplinary, Grievance and consultation meetings; and
- Assist the internal marketing team with the drafting of press releases regarding up and coming/new legislation and how it can impact business.
Key skills, experience and qualifications:
In addition to excellent time management, negotiation and communications skills; you will posses a can-do attitude and an ability to prioritise your workload, with the following experience:
- You will be qualified in law (LLB, CILEX) with a specialism in Employment Law; and ideally hold an LPC/BVC qualification
- Basic understanding of tribunal practice and procedure and a keenness to learn and implement theory into practice
- Ability to draft guidance in a manner that can be understood by non-qualified persons
We have a nation-wide client base, therefore travel around the UK will be required so a full-clean driving license and access to a vehicle would be highly advantageous.
To apply, please contact Kerrie McCloy.