- Location: Birmingham (B16),
- Salary: From £35,000 to £40,000 per annum plus commission and benefits
- Position: Permanent
Birmingham Bank requires a Technical Analyst to be responsible for the analysis and programming duties in the development, implementation, connectivity and support of the banks information systems and applications.
As Technical Analyst, you will report to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), and will define and shape policy and strategy surrounding development and connectivity of systems and operations, with clear accountability for the efficient running and operation of systems and processes.
Responsibilities of the Technical Analyst will include
- Analyse, design, develop, document, create, test and modify computer systems, programs and integrations
- Apply system-analyst techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software or systems functional specifications;
- Arrange project requirements in programming sequence by analysing requirements, preparing a workflow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic;
- Program and connect systems by following project requirements to utilise the standard 3rd party APIs for the core bank systems;
- Analysis of user information system needs;
- Document the functionality and requirements;
- Research, evaluate and recommend solutions and appropriate technology to meet user’s needs;
- Provide reference for use of suitable solutions, writing and maintaining user documentation as required;
- Maintain computer systems and programming guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures; and
- Develop and maintain applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analysing requirements; developing suitable solutions.
- Sound understanding of computer systems
- Experience in and understanding of financial services
- Solid working knowledge of relevant change & delivery methodologies
- Experience working in a change & development environment
- Experience and knowledge of developing and connecting Open Architecture solutions.
- Windows .NET Framework, including VB.Net and ASP.
- Hands on experience of writing and connecting systems through Application Programming Interfaces
Qualifications & Personal Characteristics
- Educated to degree level, ideally in information technology, Computer Science, Computer Studies, or a related field.
- Certifications and continuing professional development preferred.
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks and projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Team oriented.
To apply, please email Kerrie McCloy.