Birmingham Bank requires a Project Manager to run a large-scale IT transformation project, primarily responsible for the implementation and management of Bank Operating Systems such as nCino, Mambu and Test House.
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the Project Manager will take ownership of project schedules, risk management, and allocation of time and resource, and manage relationships with regulators and 3rd party software suppliers.
This role will naturally evolve into an Operations Management position.
Key responsibilities of the Project Manager:
- Create a project plan to map out project phases;
- Own change management projects: managing risk, schedules and resource; adhering to cost, time and quality criteria;
- Lead customer experience projects and initiatives;
- Manage third party IT/Software suppliers/Regulators;
- Manage large scale data transfer, ensuring security and GDPR compliance;
- Reporting on any gaps, conflicts or dependencies/ variance analysis, requests for funding, resource;
- Forecasting and budget management; and
- Responsible for governance structure.
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Experience of implementing bank operating systems ;
- Working knowledge of nCino, Mambu and Test House (Desirable) or similar/equivalent systems(essential);
- Good knowledge of all forms of system testing;
- Budget management;
- Supplier and regulator relationship management;;
- High level Stakeholder Management and
- A Technology related qualification, Six Sigma / Lean or Agile PM qualification would be an advantage.
Birmingham Bank is a dynamic and innovative regional bank, headquartered in Birmingham.
The Bank has a tech-driven and client-centric ethos and seeks to recruit an employee who shares those values. Our mission is to deliver Common Sense, Speed and Clarity to the customer.
To apply, please email Kerrie McCloy.