- Location: Willenhall (BWV13)
- Salary: Competitive salary dependent on experience and qualifications
- Position: Permanent
Health and Safety Advisor/Health & Safety Officer
Safety Services Direct was established 2004 with the aim of making it easy for employers and business owners to meet health and safety regulations in the workplace. Safety Services Direct are now a leading provider of online Health and Safety Training, Consultancy and PPE products, based in the West Midlands.
We are now looking for an experienced Health and Safety Consultant to join our growing team.
The successful Health and Safety Practitioner will work towards agreed objectives and clearly defined deliverables, assisting in the fulfilment of client requirements and orders.
With the role being predominantly telephone support to our UK wide client base, you will become the client’s competent advisor and assist them in the attainment of SSIP’s such as SMAS, CHAS, Safe Contractor and Construction Line.
There may also be some occasional travelling to client sites in order to conduct a number of risk assessments and accident investigations, focusing on risk prevention, safety coaching and ensuring that recommended Health and Safety policies and procedures are adopted at the client’s sites.
- Writing and amending Risk Assessments and Method Statement
- SSIP Applications such as CHAS, SMAS, SAFE CONTRACTOR and CONSTRUCTION LINE
- Able to undertake COSHH Assessments.
- Assist clients with writing construction Phase Plans
- Able to convey a working knowledge of H&S Legislation to clients, around their specific queries.
- Able to answer client queries – specifically requirements on PPE and H&S Training
- To undertake a variety of audits and risk assessments at clients’ premises including; Health & Safety risk assessments, Site Audits& Fire risk assessments, if required
- Drafting of health and safety policies and procedures
- Bespoke consultancy services as required by clients
- To follow the IOSH code of conduct and carry out your work in accordance with our internal policies & procedures
Key Skills & Experience:
Safety Services Direct are a leading provider of online Health and Safety Training, Consultancy and PPE products. We work with employers and business owners to ensure Health & Safety regulations are met in the workplace and will guide clients through attaining SSIP.
- Experience working within H&S
- Ability to quickly build up rapport over the telephone and face to face
- Construction industry knowledge and experience required
- Good administration skills
- Experience completing SSIP applications (CHAS, Safe Contractor)
- Need to be able to retain Tech IOSH status
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum and or NEBOSH Construction
Why this is a great opportunity
- We are a dynamic and growing business with a fantastic clientele
- Exposure to varied industries in a fast paced environment.
- It is an opportunity to add a huge amount of value to your CV and career
To apply, please contact Kerrie McCloy.