- Location: Birmingham (B16),
- Salary: From £30,000 to £35,000 per annum
- Position: 6 month FTC
Birmingham Bank requires a Governance Officer to support the Chief Governance Officer in delivering excellent advice, guidance and support to the Board and stakeholders.
You will be involved in day to day legal, regulatory and governance matters, and will support the business in the drafting and updating policies and procedures.
You will also provide support and input into compliance and risk processes and HR management.
Reporting to the Chief Governance Officer, responsibilities will include:
- Updating regulatory and business policies;
- Assisting in preparing responses to information requests raised by regulatory authorities;
- Assisting in maintenance and updating of the Due Diligence Data Room and the preparation of due diligence requests;
- Preparing training material on governance, legal and regulatory topics;
- Assisting in the preparation of board and committee papers; and,
- Providing support to the Board of Directors and Board Committees, including minute taking.
You will have experience working in a Compliance, Governance or Company Secretarial role in the financial services sector, with strong interpersonal and communication skills, and extensive administration and minute-taking experience.
You will need understand and interpret regulations and regulatory guidance.
Although not essential, the following would be highly desirable:
- Experience working within FCA/PRA regulated entities;
- Experience working in the commercial banking space;
- Knowledge of the regulatory frameworks; and,
- An undergraduate degree in business administration, Finance, Economics, Accountancy, Law or a related discipline (or equivalent)
This is initially a 6 month fixed term contract with the possibility to be extended.Although the Bank is Birmingham based this position can mostly be worked remotely.
Birmingham Bank has a mission to become the principal regional bank for SME clients in the Midlands and beyond.
The Bank will achieve its mission by combining state-of-the-art cloud-based technology with traditional relationship banking, applied through the principles of speed, common sense and clarity.
To apply, please email Kerrie McCloy.