- Location: Birmingham (B16),
- Salary: From £30,000 to £35,000 per annum dependent on experience
- Position: Permanent
The Credit Risk Analyst at Birmingham Bank will join a small Credit Team which is due to grow significantly.
As the Credit Risk Analyst, you will provide risk expertise, drive insights, and identify credit risk.
To be successful in this role, you will have previous experience in a Credit Risk role within the banking sector.
Responsibilities of the Credit Risk Analyst will include:
- Provide specific quantitative and risk expertise including the provision of models, risk and stress testing;
- Design and implement bespoke quantitative tools to drive insights and decisions from data, including: time series forecasting, regression modelling, classification methods and visualisation techniques;
- Assess applications received, principally from brokers, in line with the Bank’s stated credit risk appetite and lending policies;
- Monitor in-life performance of loans and exposures to identify increased credit risk and recommend mitigating actions; and,
- Analyse customer’s financial position, trends and ratios as well as provide objective credit risk and credit limit recommendation.
- Previous experience working in a credit analyst role in the banking sector is essential;
- Experience of assessing secured and unsecured commercial lending applications, including analysis of financial statements;
- Significant experience of using current commercial lending IT platforms;
- Experience of reviewing applications from brokers would be beneficial; and,
- Understanding of at least one of the following areas:
- Credit Risk
- Internal Ratings Based Models
- Quantitative Risk Modelling
- Stress Testing.
Birmingham Bank has a mission to become the principal regional bank for SME clients in the Midlands and beyond. The Bank will achieve its mission by combining state-of-the-art cloud-based technology with traditional relationship banking, applied through the principles of speed, common sense and clarity.
To apply, please email Kerrie McCloy.