- Location: Birmingham (B16),
- Salary: From £45,000 to £55,000 per annum dependent on experience
- Position: Permanent
Birmingham Bank requires a Credit Manager to be the ‘subject matter expert’, to help the Bank develop its new commercial lending products and processes.
The role will then transition, working within the processes you helped shape, to take lending proposals from referral to draw-down and in-live monitoring.
As Credit Manager, you will report to the Head of Credit, and will join a small Credit Team that is expected to grow significantly over the coming months.
Responsibilities of the Credit Manager will include:
- Design and continuous improvement of commercial lending products and processes;
- Contribute to the shaping of commercial lending policies;
- Assess applications received in line with the Bank’s stated credit risk appetite and lending policies;
- Package lending applications, with clear recommendations, in relation to both secured and unsecured facilities, to include:
– Property lending
– Bridging finance
– Fixed assets
– Working capital
– BTL /HMO portfolios
- Monitor in-life performance of loans and exposures to identify increased credit risk and recommend mitigating actions;
- Exceed the expectations of loan applicants and their brokers, especially in relation to speed of decision making and providing periodic updates on application status;
- Manage, develop and provide guidance to one or more Commercial Lending Officers; and
- As an ‘expert user’ of the Bank’s systems and processes, train new members of staff as the Credit Team grows.
To be successful in this role, you will have trained in assessing secured and unsecured commercial lending applications, including analysis of financial statements, for presentation to Credit Committee with clear recommendations.
You will also have:
- Experience of commercial lending, to include property lending and bridging loans, plus ideally fixed assets, working capital and BTL/HMO applications at portfolio level;
- Significant experience of using current commercial lending IT platforms, including interfaces with suppliers of credit reference data, valuations, title searches etc;
- Experience working with brokers to improve the quality of submissions and likelihood of approval; and
- Experience of managing and developing others.
Birmingham Bank has a mission to become the principal regional bank for SME clients in the Midlands and beyond. The Bank will achieve its mission by combining state-of-the-art cloud-based technology with traditional relationship banking, applied through the principles of speed, common sense and clarity.
To apply, please email Kerrie McCloy.