Location: Birmingham (B16), Birmingham
Salary: From £45,000 to £55,000 per annum
Company: Birmingham Bank
Birmingham Bank requires a Senior Compliance Manager & MLRO to support the Bank in leading and embedding its compliance framework, whilst ensuring ongoing adherence to regulatory obligations.
Reporting to the Chief Governance Officer, the Compliance Manager will design and develop the Compliance Programme, develop compliance policies and procedures, implement process enhancements, and manage regulatory reporting submissions.
As the Senior Compliance Manager will be the subject matter expert, candidates will have worked in a similar role in Financial Services and will have strong knowledge of the regulatory framework.
Main responsibilities of Compliance Manager/MLRO:
- Own the design, development and execution of the Compliance Programme and supporting Monitoring Plan;
- Prepare Compliance packs and management information for relevant Boards;
- Oversee and manage regulatory reporting submissions, and submit responses to regulatory authorities;
- Communicate regulatory reporting obligations;
- Ensure policies and procedures are reviewed in line with compliance framework and identify and implement process enhancements;
- Manage compliance product/marketing material and client communications;
- Monitor and oversee client assets;
- Actively contribute to embedding a compliance culture;
- Ensure the compliance agenda and risks are captured;
- Lead, design and provide training to the business on compliance e.g. AML, GDPR, Ethics;
- Oversight of the Bank’s AML/CTF/Sanctions framework; and
- Act as Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
Experience, skills and qualifications:
- Previous experience working in a Senior Compliance (and/or Risk) role within Financial Services;
- Knowledge of regulatory framework including client asset rules (CASS);
- Knowledge of key compliance and regulatory topics;
- Fintech experience;
- Ability to understand and interpret regulations and regulatory guidance; and
- An undergraduate degree in business administration, Finance, Economics, Accountancy, Law or a related discipline (or equivalent).
Birmingham Bank is a dynamic and innovative regional bank, headquartered in Birmingham.
The Bank has a tech-driven and client-centric ethos and seeks to recruit an employee who shares those values. Our mission is to deliver Common Sense, Speed and Clarity to the customer.
To apply, please email Kerrie McCloy.