What is Employment Law?
Employment law is the regulation that governs employer/employee relationships in the workplace. In the UK, employment law is set in place by guidelines from the government which state what employers can legally expect and ask of their employees and the rights in place to protect them.
Some employment law related issues would include unfair dismissal, contract of employment, annual leave, discrimination, working hours and maternity leave.
If employment laws are overlooked or ignored by employers then there can be serious consequences including huge fines and, in some extreme cases, imprisonment.
Employment Law Consultants For Employers, Business Owners & Managers
At Guardian Support, we have a carefully selected team of Employment Law consultants who have helped hundreds of businesses, throughout the country, remain compliant with the ever-changing laws for employers.
You already have many responsibilities as an employer, so remaining up-to-date when it comes to Employment Law can be quite a big ask and additional task that you just don't have the time for.
Even if you have a HR department in place, they may need external legal advice and support when it comes to the more technical matters - that's where we come in!
We offer Employment Law advice exclusively to employers, business owners and managers whenever it's needed.
We will allocate an Employment Law Specialist to act as your dedicated consultant, offering your business support and ensuring that you are compliant even as the law changes.
What Does Employment Law Include
Some of the areas within Employment Law include:
- Sickness Absence
- Maternity Leave
- Annual Leave
With a qualified, dedicated and experienced Employment Law Consultant by your side, you can rest assured that your business runs smoothly and that you have professional support whenever you need it.
Our Employment Law Services For Employers, Business Owners and Managers
Our services include but are not limited to:
- 24/7 Employment Law advice line connecting you directly to your designated consultant
- Comprehensive Topic Guidance and documentation specific to the circumstances
- Dedicated consultant that works with you and gains a full understanding of your business operation
- Legal preparation and representation through all stages of an employment tribunal
- Bespoke handbooks and contracts, tailored to your business
- Review and audit all current employee documentation
- On-site support such as attending disciplinary meetings
- Monthly newsletters with employment law updates and news